"An apple a day keeps the doctor away" really?
Did your grandma tell you this too? Well your grandma was right, we now have countless research to prove not only eating apples but eating a wide verity of fruits and veggies reduces your risk of heart disease, diabetes, cancer and all chronic disease. Keeping this in mind, smoothies are easy to add to your person health plan. What no plan? It's never too late to make one. Mine includes a smoothie a day.
I have to admit one of my favorite meals is a smoothie. What could be bad about them? Creamy, smooth, sweet, savory and yummy cold. You can also add any combination of foods within that delectable smooth drink. Smoothies are the perfect meal. (Scroll down for smoothie recipes)
10 Reasons to have a smoothie a day.
1. Smoothies are versatile. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert take it anywhere with you and you can have one anytime.
2. Smoothies are inexpensive. Whip up a smoothie for about $1.50 per glass.
3. Smoothies are flexible. Thick like ice cream, or thin like nectar.
4. Smoothies are fast food. It take less than 5 minutes to whip up a batch.
5. Smoothies are healthy. Adding fruits and veggies will decrease your risk of heart disease, diabetes and cancer.
6. Smoothies are an easy. Pour rice, almond, soy milk or water, a scoop of protein powder then blend.
7. Smoothies are fruits. Add any combination of your favorite fresh or frozen fruits
(1 - 2 cups/drink).
8. Smoothies are vegetables. Add any combination of veggies, cucumbers, carrots, celery
(1 - 2 cups/drink).
9. Smoothies are a salad in a glass. Add apple juice, romaine lettuce, spinich, kale, tomatoes then blend.
10. Smoothies are an energy drink. Power packed with phytonutrients, vitamins,minerals and fiber.
I'm always on the look out for great smoothie recipes. If you have one you like I'd love to know it. In the meantime here are a couple of websites I like.
Clean Cuisine - this site suggests Juice Plus+ Complete as the protein supplement. To order Juice Plus+ click here